The School House is a detached character two bedroom property with two reception rooms in the heart of the village of Atherington. It has a fitted kitchen and the property has oil fired central heating, a small enclosed rear garden as well as a garden shed. Working / Retired only. Sorry no pets. Available 1st September 2019. EPC - E
The property is next to the village hall and is in close proximity to the village church that has a working bell tower.
The water is rated. Please contact South West Water for details on costs.
The council tax is band B.
Tenants must be either employed, retired, or have a verifiable private income. Tenants on low wage will be considered but they must have a suitable, verifiable guarantor with a basic income in excess of £18,800.00 per annum.
The rent for the property is £500.00 per calendar month, exclusive of all outgoings. The property will initially be let on a six month assured shorthold tenancy with the rent being payable monthly in advance.
In addition to the first months rent a deposit £576.00 will be required. Bond Oxborough Phillips Lettings will pay the deposit to the Deposit Protection Service DPS, (the government run scheme). Following receipt of the deposit, The DPS will provide confirmation to you. The full details are available on their website www.depositprotection.com
Please Note: When a property is offered to you subject to references and contract, each individual aged 18 or over will be required to complete a reference application form.
Please Note Permitted Payments:
- One weeks holding deposit to secure property. This will go against the first months rent providing that you do not withdraw your application or do not disclose vital information.
- £50 Inc VAT administration fee for any changes to the tenancy (when requested by the tenant).
- Early termination fee (only when agreed in writing from the landlord), £50 Inc VAT administration fee plus any agreed reasonable costs (as agreed with landlord).
- Lost Keys / Security Devices, replacement will be charged at cost to the tenant. Charges can be upto £50 Inc VAT.
- Late rent. We reserve the right to charge interest; this can be added to each day after the rent due date. Charged at an annual percentage rate of +3% above the Bank of England base rate until full payment is made.
The property is let as seen. Standard references will be required. Please note that all measurements are only approximate and are purely given as a guide. Please refer to Bond Oxborough Phillips Lettings guidance notes for prospective tenants.
If you would like to view the property, or if you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Bond Oxborough Phillips Lettings.
Viewing is strictly through BOND OXBOROUGH PHILLIPS LETTINGS and by appointment only.
Bond Oxborough Phillips Torrington obtains Client Money protection through CMP (Client Money Protect). Membership no: CMP003350
Bond Oxborough Phillips Torrington are members of The Property Ombudsman. Membership No: R00193-3
Reception Room 1 11'2" x 11' (3.4m x 3.35m).
Kitchen 10'3" x 8'6" (3.12m x 2.6m).
Reception Room 2 13'4" x 8'6" (4.06m x 2.6m).
Bathroom 8'8" x 5'7" (2.64m x 1.7m).
Bedroom 1 13'5" x 8'8" (4.1m x 2.64m).
Bedroom 2 11'2" x 11'1" (3.4m x 3.38m).
Outside The back door opens out onto the path that leads to the stone garden shed (11?6? X 6?2?) and oil tank. There is also access to the road at the front of the property. On the lower section there is a flower bed to the side of the path which is the only garden.
As you enter the village coming from the direction of Umberleigh, the Church is on the right. Take the right hand turn just past this and the Village Hall is on the right. The School House is the next property along on the right.