Stoneleigh occupies a large plot on Bay View Road and offers a magnificent Living Room extending beyond 20'0 (6.10m) in length with a wood burning stove, a Kitchen / Diner with an Aga, a further Dining Room, 4 double Bedrooms (1 En-suite) and a lovely open Entrance Hall that binds the property together. A Detached Double Garage provides an option to extend or build an Annexe and there is abundant, secure, driveway parking. Established gardens surround the property providing a variety of areas to sit out and enjoy the sun.
- Entrance Hall
- A spacious and welcoming Entrance Hall that has been used in the past as an area of convergence during family gatherings and parties. American White oak flooring, radiator, coved ceiling, carpeted stairs rising to First Floor. Door to useful understairs storage cupboard. UPVC double glazed door and window to property front.
- Close couple dual flush WC and cabinet mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap over. Tiled floor, radiator. UPVC obscure double glazed window.
- Living Room 21'10 x 16'7 (6.65m x 5.05m)
- A magnificent dual aspect Living Room with UPVC double glazed windows to both sides and UPC double glazed sliding doors to the lawned garden. Fitted carpet, ornate coved ceiling, TV point, telephone point, dado rail. Large wood burner inset in chimneybreast with slate hearth and slate mantle over. 2 radiators, lovely illuminated display recess for display of decorative items.
- Dining Room 10'4 x 12'10 (3.15m x 3.91m)
- A spacious Dining Room with ample space for large family dining table. Radiator, coved ceiling, fitted carpet. UPVC double glazed window.
- Kitchen / Diner 17'5 x 11'10 (5.31m x 3.61m)
- A lovely family room with ample space for dining table. Wood eye and base level cabinets with matching drawers, roll top work surfaces with tiled splashbacking and inset 1.5 bowl sink and drainer with mixer tap over. Built-in dishwasher, large gas fired Aga (included in the sale). Coved ceiling, down spot lights, tiled flooring. Hatch access to Dining Room. UPVC double glazed window to side and rear elevations. Door to:
- Utility Room 7'11 x 8'8 (2.41m x 2.64m)
- Work surface with space and plumbing below for washing machine and tumble dryer, space for cooker, space for fridge / freezer. Tiled flooring, down spot lights, radiator. Door to useful Pantry with UPVC double glazed window. UPVC double glazed window and door.
- Bedroom 2 17'1 maximum x 12'4 (5.21m maximum x 3.76m)
- A spacious Bedroom with fitted carpet, radiator, coved ceiling and built-in double wardrobes with hanging rail and shelving. UPVC double glazed window overlooking side garden. UPVC double glazed window to front elevation. Door to:
- En-suite Shower Room
- A fully tiled Shower Room with close couple dual flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin and fully enclosed double shower cubicle. Electric shaver point, heated towel rail, tiled floor. UPVC obscure double glazed window.
- First Floor Landing
- UPVC double glazed window providing ample natural light. American White oak flooring, radiator, ornate coved ceiling, hatch access to loft space which is insulated and has a drop-down ladder. Door to airing cupboard with hot water cylinder.
- Bedroom 1 14'7 x 12'0 (4.45m x 3.66m)
- A great size Bedroom with UPVC double glazed window enjoying distant sea views and further UPVC double glazed window. Built-in wardrobe and a range of Hammonds fitted wardrobes, fitted chest and dressing table. Coved ceiling, fitted carpet, radiator.
- Bedroom 3 12'0 x 10'9 (3.66m x 3.28m)
- UPVC double glazed window to front elevation enjoying distant sea views. Fitted carpet, radiator, coved ceiling.
- Bedroom 4 10'0 x 8'10 (3.05m x 2.69m)
- A fourth double Bedroom with fitted carpet, built-in mirror-fronted wardrobes, radiator and coved ceiling.
- Family Shower Room 7'8 x 6'0 (2.34m x 1.83m)
- An attractive fully tiled Shower Room with double shower cubicle with full wall tiling to area, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap over and close couple dual flush WC. Heated towel rail, down spot lights, electric shaver point, extractor fan, tiled floor. UPVC obscure double glazed window.
- To the front of the property is a large tarmac driveway providing off-road parking for a number of vehicles. It leads to the:
- Double Garage 19'10 x 18'5 (6.05m x 5.61m)
- Electric door. Power, light and water connected. Glazed door to side elevation. This Garage is considered to provide an opportunity for extension or for the creation of an Annexe.
The driveway of the property also leads down the side of the house providing further off-road parking.
A large stone wall encloses 2 sides of the property presenting an attractive feature, security and inspiration for the name Stoneleigh.
To the front of the property there is plenty of space to sit out provided by a low-maintenance stone area. A Shed provides outside storage space and measures 12'1 x 11'6 (3.68m x 3.51m) and has power and light connected and a UPVC double glazed window.
Running down the side of the property is a paved patio area which can also be used as a drying space. This leads around to a level lawned area which has a fantastic sunny aspect and adjoins the double glazed doors to the Living Room providing a superb space to sit out on the patio and enjoy the sun. Various mature trees, shrubs and flowers decorate the outside of the property providing a very tranquil space to enjoy.
- Agents Notes
- We understand from the owners of the property that guarantees are in place for the partial flat roof of the Living Room and Bedroom 2, the tarmac driveway and the electric Garage door.
- From Bideford Quay proceed towards Northam bypassing the village taking the next left hand turning onto Bay View Road. Stoneleigh will be found immediately on your left hand side clearly displaying a numberplate and For Sale board. Access is via the wooden gates.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.