This highly versatile small holding (no agricultural tie) of just over 7 acres features a charming 3 reception room, 2 Bedroom detached south east facing cottage overlooking enchanting gardens with an adjacent large yard providing a huge amount of parking around which are strategically located a most extensive range of versatile outbuildings including: Garaging, stock sheds and large workshop. Directly opposite the cottage on the other side of the road is a level field of some 5.9 acres.
THIS ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES (all measurements are approximate):-
ENTRANCE HALL with stairs rising to first floor.
LIVING ROOM 12'7" (max) x 11'8" (3.84m (max) x 3.56m). Beamed ceiling. Stone fireplace with mantle shelf. Bookshelves to fireside recess. French doors to garden.
LOUNGE 13' (max) x 12'8" (3.96m (max) x 3.86m). This very pleasant double aspect reception room with windows looking across the road to the field and over the yard. Feature full height brick fireplace with wood burning stove and oak mantle. Pine floor.
DINING ROOM 11' x 8'9" (3.35m x 2.67m). Window to front overlooking the garden. Beamed Ceiling. Inglenook fireplace with oak mantle and clome oven housing a Victorian feature cast iron range called "The Enterprise" made by "Callas & Sons May Limited of Reading" being still in working condition and of an exceptionally fine quality. We have to say it does compliment the room perfectly.
KITCHEN 14' x 5'8" (4.27m x 1.73m). Tiled floor. Granite work tops with matching oak base and wall units. 1 1/4 bowl inset stainless steel sink. "Kitchener 90 Rangemaster" multi-function range. Beamed ceiling. Under stairs cupboard where is located the pump connected to the well.
UTILITY ROOM 6'4" x 5'3" (1.93m x 1.6m). Window to rear looking across the road to the field. Plumbing for washing machine. Space for fridge/freezer. Walk-in shelf larder.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING Arranged on two levels with window to side looking across to the field.
BEDROOM 1 12'10" (max) x 11' (3.91m (max) x 3.35m). Window with super outlook over the garden. Access to loft. Built-in wardrobes. Airing cupboard. Ornamental Victorian fireplace.
BEDROOM 2 11'3" x 8'7" (3.43m x 2.62m). Window with super outlook over the garden. Built-in wardrobe.
BATHROOM Laminate tiled floor. Window looking across to the field. 3 piece white suite.
OUTSIDE The enchanting grounds and gardens are a real feature and over the years have been attractively landscaped with a great sense of style and taste. Local stone walling and expansive terrace with ornamental pond lead up to the garden. Highly productive kitchen garden. Orchard. Small pocket of natural woodland. Perfectly complimented by a great variety of well established flowers, shrubs and trees.
THE OUTBUILDINGS & YARD A most impressive range of outbuildings are incredibly versatile and could be configured for numerous uses but have been purposefully designed for rearing stock and combine a nice mixture of garaging, workshops and a small farm gate shop conveniently situated at the entrance. The level yard has a good solid surface providing a massive area of parking. We have listed the outbuildings below including identification numbers which are shown on the site plan showing their location around the yard.
1. FARMGATE SALES SHOP 12' x 7'6" (3.66m x 2.29m). From where the vendor has in the past sold cut flowers, garlands etc.
2. HOBBIES ROOM 12' x 10'7" (3.66m x 3.23m).
3. WOOD STORE
4. GARDEN STORE
5. WORKSHOP 15'9" x 15'8" (4.8m x 4.78m).
6. USEFUL STORE SHED
7. LEAN TO 25' x 12'6" (7.62m x 3.8m). Housing the plastic oil storage tank.
8. ADJOINING POLE BARN 30' x 30' (9.14m x 9.14m). Two sets of twin doors opening onto the yard.
9. CALF REARING SHED 26' x 19' (7.92m x 5.8m).
10. FEED STORE 9'5" x 8' (2.87m x 2.44m).
11. PIG STY & RUN
12. GENERAL PURPOSE LEAN TO 12' x 9' (3.66m x 2.74m).
13. STOCK REARING SHED 27' x 19' (8.23m x 5.8m).
14. 2 BAY STEEL FRAMED STOCK SHED 20' x 22' (6.1m x 6.7m). Concrete floor.
15. 3 BAY IMPLEMENT SHED 27' x 15'4" (8.23m x 4.67m).
16. LEAN TO STOCK REARING SHED 15'7" x 8'8" (4.75m x 2.64m).
17. IMPLEMENT SHED 16'5" x 13' (5m x 3.96m).
18. MAIN WORKSHOP 37' x 17'8" (11.28m x 5.38m).
19. ADJOINING STORE 17' x 10' (5.18m x 3.05m). An incredibly handy workshop, perfect for implement maintenance and with great potential for those wishing to work from home.
20. OPEN FRONTED POLE/TIMBER BARN 14'5" x 12'8" (4.4m x 3.86m). Most of the outbuildings have light and power connected with water being supplied by a second well located in the garden from where water is pumped to a large galvanised raised holding tank. Rain water also being stored and used for the sheds. Adjoining the yard and with good access is a small level well fenced paddock. The whole area of the property on this side of the road extends to about 1.5 acres and as mentioned earlier in the details has "Common Moor" providing a very private and unique backdrop.
THE FIELD Conveniently located literally just opposite of the cottage on the other side of the road is a level/gently sloping field extending to some 5.9 acres which is divided by post and wire into 3 paddocks. It has a field shelter and natural stream water.
SERVICES Mains electricity. Private water via 2 wells. Private drainage system to a new "Klargester" treatment works. Exterior oil fired boiler supplying central heating and hot water.
COUNCIL BAND Band 'D' (please note this council band may be subject to reassessment).
From the centre of Holsworthy proceed on the Bude road and on the edge of town opposite the BP garage turn right signed Bradworthy. After 7 miles upon reaching Bradworthy turn right signed Bideford. Follow this road for 4 miles and Heather Cottage will be found on the right hand side with a Bond Oxborough Phillips "For Sale" notice clearly displayed.