This is a rare opportunity to acquire a 1 Bedroom apartment that offers comfort and security to potential purchasers aged 55 years and over. Kingsley Court is a grand historic building ideally located in the popular seaside village of Westward Ho! This building is exceptionally well-kept and maintained and there is an on-site hands-on warden working 5 days a week for your convenience. Residents parking is available. The apartment, itself, features a Bedroom with adjoining Bathroom and a light and airy Living Room. The Kitchen is well-equipped with built-in appliances. The apartment has a very roomy feel and is flooded with natural light from the array of UPVC double glazed windows. This property is available for sale with no onward chain.
Entrance Porch Glazed door to:
Communal Hall Glazed door to:
Private Entrance Hall Fitted carpet, radiator.
Living Room 12'1" x 14'3" (3.68m x 4.34m). 2 UPVC double glazed windows. Radiator, fitted carpet, TV point, telephone point. Intercom to front door.
Bedroom 9'10" x 10'8" (3m x 3.25m). UPVC double glazed window. Fitted carpet. Door to:
Bathroom 8'4" x 6'1" (2.54m x 1.85m). Close couple dual flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin and bath with hand shower attachment. Extractor fan, radiator, vinyl floor covering. Door to airing cupboard with hot water tank and slatted linen shelving. UPVC obscure double glazed window.
Kitchen 4'7" x 8'3" (1.4m x 2.51m). Equipped with a range of painted wood effect eye and base level cabinets with matching drawers and rolltop work surfaces with tiled splashbacking and single bowl sink and drainer with mixer tap over. Electric cooker point with extractor over, under counter fridge. Useful shelved recess. Vinyl floor covering.
Important Information There will be a new 125 year lease
Service Charge / Management Fee = £240.70 per month
What's included in the Management Fee of Kingsley Court
1. Building managed by FirstPort, UK largest professional management company
2. Over 55 only accommodation ? safe peaceful area with quiet surroundings
3. On site hands-on warden working 5 days a week 9am ? 1pm
4. Buildings Insurance ? responsibility of FirstPort
5. Laundry Room ? full use of communal washing and drying facilities
6. Guest Room available in Kingsley Court for visiting friends and family
7. Tenants can use other FirstPort Managed development guest rooms UK wide (over 1,000), subject to availability and bookings to be made through Kingsley Court Development Manager. Cost is £20 1 person per night / £25 2 people per night
8. Electricity and heating cost in communal areas
9. Monitoring Service
This is the cost of the 24-hour emergency monitoring Challenge Alarms
10. Monitoring Telephone
The cost of the telephone line to the monitoring centre
11. Water and Sewerage Communal Use
12. Window Cleaning
The windows are cleaned every 2 months each year
13. Communal Area Cleaning
14. Grounds Maintenance
15. Lift Maintenance
Lifts are serviced throughout the year
16. Fire System Maintenance
17. Door & Emergency Systems
This is the cost of the system maintenance contract with Appello
18. General Maintenance
This pays for day to day work on the building
19. Planned Maintenance
This may include: Roof inspection, Flat roof & gutter clean, etc.
20. Redecoration Contribution
This is based on a realistic assessment of anticipated costs for internal and external redecoration of communal areas every 5 years as necessary
Owners Are Responsible For:
1. Council Tax payments for their property
2. Contents Insurance
3. Apartment electricity costs ? i.e. heating (this is small as the building is heated as part of the management fee), lighting etc
From Bideford Quay proceed towards Northam bypassing the village and continue onto Atlantic Way. Upon entering the one way system, take the first left hand turning onto Kingsley Road. Take the sharp left hand turning approaching Kipling Court and continue along this road passing Kingsley Terrace on your right hand side. Proceed a little way along further to where Kingsley Court will be situated on your right hand side. One of our agents will meet you at the front of the property and show you inside.