A spectacular 4 Bedroom (1 En-suite) period property enjoying fine views from its elevated position. This well-presented home features a truly grand Living Room, an attractive Kitchen / Breakfast Room and a spacious Dining Room and has off-road parking for 2 vehicles and varied gardens. No onward chain.
- Part glazed front door to:
- Entrance Porch
- With attractive tiled flooring. Window to side elevation. Obscure part glazed door to:
- Living Room 17'11 x 26'0 into bay (5.46m x 7.92m into bay)
- A truly mesmerising room, the grandeur of which must be seen to be fully appreciated. To the front of the room are 3 floor-to-ceiling wooden sash windows forming a bay window with far-reaching town views (The lower part of these windows comprise toughened safety glass). Exposed wooden floorboards add to the character of the room. The room, which has ample space for living and dining, has a picture rail, 2 radiators and TV point. Solid wooden door to:
- Dining Room 18'8 x 12'4 (5.69m x 3.76m)
- A 2nd impressive Reception Room. This versatile space has ample room for a large family dining table and features exposed wooden floorboards and an inglenook fireplace. Large sash window to side elevation. Double doors to a particularly spacious understairs storage cupboard, radiator, picture rail, telephone point.
- Inner Hallway
- Exposed wooden floorboards, stairs rising to First Floor. Glazed wooden door to:
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room
- Kitchen Area 16'3 x 9'1 (4.95m x 2.77m)
- A spacious Kitchen attractively presented to a quality modern standard with space for appliances. Down spot lighting in addition to wall mounted lights, sleek vertical radiators. Window to rear elevation. Opening through to:
- Breakfast Area 7'8 x 8'5 (2.34m x 2.57m)
- Window to front elevation. Window and door to Rear Porch. Space for table and chairs, sleek vertical radiator.
- Cloakroom 5'0 x 2'10 (1.52m x 0.86m)
- White 2-piece suite comprising close couple dual flush WC and wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap over and tiled splashbacking. Window to Rear Porch.
- Rear Porch 5'3 x 12'0 (1.60m x 3.66m)
- A useful lean-to extension. Useful shelving. Part glazed stable door and window to front elevation. Door to rear elevation.
- First Floor Landing
- An extensive and spacious landing with radiator, picture rail, wall mounted lighting and hatch access to loft space - we understand that there is tremendous scope for conversion.
- Master Bedroom 13'8 into bay x 7'10 (4.17m into bay x 2.39m)
- A truly exceptional room with large floor-to-ceiling sash windows forming a bay window to the front elevation enjoying panoramic and far-reaching town views. Radiator, picture rail, TV point, telephone point. Door to large walk-in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving. Door to:
- En-suite Shower Room 3'9 x 10'0 (1.14m x 3.05m)
- Attractively presented, this room has a White 3-piece suite comprising close couple WC, pedestal wash hand basin and fully enclosed shower cubicle with electric shower in fully tiled surround. Down spot lighting, extractor fan, heated towel rail, half height wood panelled walls.
- Bedroom 2 13'11 x 12'2 (4.24m x 3.71m)
- A particularly spacious second Bedroom with large wood sash window to side elevation enjoying town and countryside views. Picture rail, radiator, ample space for various furnishings. Door to built-in over-stairs storage cupboard housing gas fired combination boiler.
- Bedroom 3 13'9 x 8'8 (4.19m x 2.64m)
- Large wood sash window to side elevation. Radiator, picture rail.
- Bedroom 4 9'8 x 7'6 (2.95m x 2.29m)
- A good size fourth Bedroom with room for a double bed. Radiator. Wood sash window to side elevation.
- Family Bathroom 5'9 x 8'4 (1.75m x 2.54m)
- A fully tiled room with White 3-piece suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin, close couple WC and bath with shower attachment. Hatch access to loft space, radiator, wooden floorboards. Obscure glazed sash window.
- To the very front of the property is a large concrete off-road parking area providing off-road parking space for 2 vehicles.
Access to the property is via a wrought iron gate and steps lead up to a terraced garden area with a range of mature shrubs and an ornamental tree. Further steps lead up to a large paved area in front of the property providing an excellent space to sit, relax and enjoy the extensive town views.
To the side of the property is a further area of paving providing more space to sit, dry washing, etc. There is an outside tap and a doorway to the Entrance Porch and the Rear Porch.
- Agents Notes
- The photographs used in the brochure are historical and were taken in December 2015.
All services / appliances have not and will not be tested.
- From Bideford Quay proceed towards Northam passing Morrisons Supermarket on your right hand side. Take the 4th right hand turning onto Orchard Hill. Ascend the hill to where Higher Glen will be found on your left hand side with a numberplate and For Sale notice clearly displayed.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.