Bond Oxborough Phillips are now in receipt of an offer for the sum of £440,000 for Grendisworthy Farm, Clawton, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6PL.
Anyone wishing to place an offer on the property should contact Bond Oxborough Phillips, Albion House, 4 High Street, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6EL (Tel: 01409 254238) prior to exchange of contracts.
An outstanding opportunity to realise the amazing potential of this 17 acre country residence comprising a most substantial, 3 reception room, 5 bedroom farmhouse in need of major refurbishment/renovation, with an extensive range of modern/traditional outbuildings along with pasture, and woodland. Great location in the heart of the countryside not far from the market town of Holsworthy, and available with no onward chain.
- THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES (all measurements are approximate):-
- LARGE ENTRANCE HALL
- SITTING ROOM 18'3 x 17'7 (5.56m x 5.36m)
- LOUNGE 13'10 x 13'3 (4.22m x 4.04m)
- DINING ROOM 18'4 x 17'3 (5.59m x 5.26m)
- Door giving access to the BASEMENT.
- KITCHEN 'L'-shaped max measurements 16'11 x 11'8 ('L'-shap
- SHOWER ROOM
- REAR PORCH
- FIRST FLOOR LANDING
- Accessed via 2 separate staircases. Good sized storage cupboard.
- BEDROOM 1 13'8 x 9'0 (4.17m x 2.74m)
- BEDROOM 2 13'2 x 8'10 (4.01m x 2.69m)
- BEDROOM 3 17'7 x 8'11 (5.36m x 2.72m)
- BEDROOM 4 14'6 x 8'11 (4.42m x 2.72m)
- BEDROOM 5 18'3 x 8'2 (5.56m x 2.49m)
- FAMILY BATHROOM
- Airing cupboard.
- The property is approached from the parish road over a stone lane which gives access to a large tarmacadum drive at the rear of the farmhouse. This provides extensive parking. From here, overgrown gardens run to the side and front of the house.
- Set back from the stone lane as you approach the property is a:
- MOST SUBSTANTIAL GENERAL PURPOSE AGRICULTURAL OUTBUILDING 100'0 x 50'0 (30.48m x 15.24m)
- Steel framed and timber/box profile clad. Doors to front. Originally erected by "Mole Valley Farmers".
On the left hand side of the stone track, also before you get to the farmhouse, is an:
- OLD TUMBLEDOWN STONE/COB BARN
- With ADJOINING BLOCK/GALVANISED IRON STORE SHED.
Adjoining the western side of the farmhouse is an:
- OLD STONE/COB OUTBUILDING Overall about 25'0 x 15'0 (Overall about 7.62m x 4
- And divided into 2. Located in one half of this shed is the REDUNDANT BULK STORAGE MILK TANK. This is linked to a:
- TRADITIONAL 2 STOREY STONE BARN Approximately 50'0 x 20'0 (Appro x imately 15.24m
- Somewhat hidden between the farmhouse and the former dairy complex, and now partly overgrown. When Grendisworthy was a working dairy farm the Ground Floor was utilised as the milking parlour, and redundant milking equipment is still in situ. Subject to the usual consents, could well have planning potential.
- COVERED YARD 100'0 x 55'0 (30.48m x 16.76m)
- Concrete floor. Steel framed with block/timber cladding.
- LEAN-TO 100'0 x 20'0 (30.48m x 6.10m)
- Part divided to incorporate 2 FORMER CATTLE CUBICLE SECTIONS.
- OLDER 4 BAY COVERED YARD About 80'0 x 60'0 (About 24.38m x 18.29m)
- Steel framed with block/timber cladding.
Concrete hardstanding of about 60'0 x 40'0 (18.29m x 12.19m).
- GENERAL PURPOSE STOCK SHED About 60'0 x 40'0 (About 18.29m x 12.19m)
- This range of very large agricultural outbuildings are all served by a substantial concrete drive that has its own access from the stone entry lane which runs to the South of the farmhouse. On the other side of this concrete lane is the FORMER SLURRY TANK, and located to the rear of the outbuildings is a METAL SILO. Located along the track to the South of the main buildings is an:
- OLD STONE/COB BARN 30'0 x 15'0 (9.14m x 4.57m)
- THE LAND
- The property comes with a substantial block of land with the whole extending to about 17 acres. This breaks down approximately to about 15 acres of pasture, with a small strip of woodland, whilst the house, sheds, garden and lane comprise about 2 acres. The land is a mixture of rough pasture and former pasture which is now completely overgrown. The lane/track that runs along the full extent of the eastern boundary of Grendisworthy is also a Public Footpath.
- Mains water, and electricity. Private drainage.
- COUNCIL BAND
- Band 'F' (please note this council band may be subject to reassessment).
- EPC RATING
- Rating G.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.