This charming, 2 Bedroom, character cottage occupies, what must surely be, one of the finest locations in this ever-popular traditional fishing village. Imagine lying in bed, whilst watching the sun rise, listening to the gentle sound of the waves lapping outside as a light breeze gently blows the scent of the sea through your open window. Better yet, as your day draws to a close, step outside and watch the sun set over the ocean from your private and sheltered rear garden.
- Dining Room 8'9 x 10'5 (2.67m x 3.18m)
- This room provides a pleasing introduction to the property and could be used to serve a variety of purposes such as a Dining Room, a Snug, a Reading Room, etc. Solid wood door to property front. Tiled flooring, column radiator, carpeted stairs to First Floor via arch. Wood sash window overlooking Irsha Street. Wooden door to:
- Tiled floor, down spot lighting. Door to large understairs cupboard. Door to:
- Bathroom 5'1 x 4'7 (1.55m x 1.40m)
- Equipped with a White 3-piece suite comprising bath with shower over and full wall tiling to area, close couple WC and pedestal wash hand basin. Tiled flooring. Door to airing cupboard housing hot water tank.
- Kitchen 6'10 x 7'3 (2.08m x 2.21m)
- A charming Kitchen equipped with a range of painted wood eye and base level cabinets with matching drawers, attractive tiled work surfaces with tiled splashbacking and 1.5 bowl contemporary White sink and drainer with mixer tap over. Built-in 4-ring gas hob with extractor over and oven beneath, integrated fridge. Cabinet housing gas fired boiler. Down spot lighting, tiled flooring. 3 square open windows to the Living Room.
- Living Room 10'5 x 11'6 (3.18m x 3.51m)
- A beautifully presented Living Room perfectly designed to take in the spectacular views of the garden and the sea beyond via the floor-to-ceiling double glazed wooden windows and French doors. Wooden floorboards add to the character and feeling of homeliness. There is ample space to sit and relax and enjoy the surroundings. Painted dado rail, column radiator, TV point.
- First Floor Landing
- Fitted carpet, hatch access to loft space. The loft is considered ideal for conversion, subject to any necessary planning requirements. Extending upwards could yield a third Bedroom with En-suite facilities and, of course, a view that would potentially exceed imagination.
- Bedroom 1 11'6 x 10'0 (3.51m x 3.05m)
- A lovely and spacious Master Bedroom, the true highlight of which is the wood framed window that looks straight out to the spectacular ocean views. Something the photos cannot capture is the sound of the waves gently lapping against the garden wall, what better way to fall asleep than listening to the sound of the ocean? This room also has a fitted carpet, column radiator and an over-stairs storage cupboard.
- Bedroom 2 7'10 x 10'0 (2.39m x 3.05m)
- A good size second Bedroom with wood sash window overlooking Irsha Street. Fitted carpet, useful recess with hanging rail for clothing.
- Stepping out from the Living Room, you will be immediately greeted by the spectacular Mediterranean style rear garden. This fantastic space has been thoroughly updated by the current owner to make the most of the incredible surroundings. Though the garden sits right at the waters edge, it is well shielded from the elements by the stone wall borders. From the bench at the end of the garden, you can enjoy the early morning sunrise. The current owner of the property enjoys spending evenings in the garden with the accompaniment of some fairy lights and a fire bowl. The garden is decorated by an attractive range of mature flowers and shrubs and has a mixture of paved and bricked flooring. There is an insulated cabinet with space and plumbing for washing machine, space for freezer and space for gas bottle to serve BBQ.
The property fronts directly onto Irsha Street with the village hub just a short walk away.
- Agents Notes
- With this cottage comes the entitlement to free mooring.
- From Bideford Quay proceed towards Northam passing the Durrant House Hotel on your right hand side. Take the right hand turning onto Churchill Way signposted Appledore. Continue on this road as it leads directly into the village of Appledore and follow the road along the Quayside. Just after passing the Car Park on your right hand side, turn right onto Irsha Street. Continue on this road towards the very end to where number 3 will be found on your right hand side clearly displaying a numberplate.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.